If you are looking for a little something to help banish that lovely little bloat we get this time of year – look no further – this comfort soup is bound to do the trick.
My first thought when considering this recipe, was – this sounds so gross – really? Asparagus? Soup? Yuck!
Well, I made it, and it turns out, even my veggie phobic husband was asking for seconds. I would be curious to hear if you like it too!
- 3 bunches of asparagus
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 cloves Garlic
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Parmesan
- Clean and trim your asparagus. Chop your asparagus into 1 inch pieces and place in a stock pot with 3 cloves of garlic and 6 cups of broth.
- Bring it to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for about 10-15 min or so, until the asparagus is tender and soft. A bit overcooked in this instance is okay – it will make your job easier a bit later.
- Let cool
- Put your soup in the vitamix or your blender. If you have a vitamix, or other insanely powerful blender, it will save an extra step (see #5)
- Run your soup through a sieve removing all the hairs or fibers in the asparagus.
- Add in lemon and salt to taste, along with the parmesan cheese and enjoy
It has a creamy bisque like quality, without all the calories. It is also very versatile and has unlimited potential for dressing up!