This gelatin recipe is chock full of goodness and is sure to soothe an upset tummy as well.
- 4-6 tbs Unflavored Gelatin Powder, grass fed if possible
- 1 knob of ginger, peeled and sliced into big chunks
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- approx. 1/8 cup unsweetened coconut shavings
- 2 tbs chia seeds, soaked in water and drained
- Ginger Kombucha
- 1/2 cup Cold water
- Raw Unfiltered Honey, approx 2 tbs, or to taste
- Cinnamon to taste
- Place the honey, cinnamon, ginger chunks and water into a small pot and heat on low to med. Once it comes to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to low. Let things simmer a bit to get all that goodness out of the ginger.
- Once the honey has dissolved, stir in the gelatin
- Stir until well dissolved and the gelatin coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Let cool for a touch (so we don’t cook the probiotics when adding the kombucha)
- Remove from heat, and add in Kombucha. It should fizzle and bubble a bit.
- While the kombucha settles down, sprinkle the blueberries, goji berries, coconut flakes and chia seeds in the bottom of a square glass pan.
- Give the kombucha mixture a quick stir, remove the ginger and pour the gelatin kombucha into your glass pan.
- Place in the fridge to cool. A few hours later it should be all ready to go.
This is a great low carb snack, and yes – there are those that would scoff at the honey, the berries, the coconut. However, if you are using unprocessed natural items, the benefit can far outweigh the drawbacks. I find it gets me over the PM lull, and and keeps me away from processed snacks. There are endless variations and the protein certainly helps stave off the hunger pains. I hope you like it!